2019 Course Calendar
+254 712 260 031
The course equips you with the relevant knowledge, skills and values to identify clients exposed to traumatic events and provide trauma support services in the immediate aftermath of traumatic events, under supervision of an appropriately trained/registered mental health professional. Through this training, you will come to understand concepts of First Aid, the principles of trauma recovery sessions, and effective treatments for people suffering from PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder).
· Situations in which trauma may occur
· Physical, emotional, cognitive and behavioral symptoms of trauma-related stress
· Symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder
· Components of trauma that impact on communities
· stages in recovery from trauma
· Demonstrate the appropriate application of counselling
Who should attend?
Health practitioners who are beginning, or are in the early stages of their career in security and risk management, emergency response/ medical personnel, NGO staff, professional counsellors, Trauma support staff, emergency responders etc.
• Introduction to Trauma
• Physiological and Psychological Reactions to Trauma
• Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder and Traumatic Grief
• Community Trauma in Natural Disasters
• Community Trauma in Man-made Events
• Workplace Trauma and Critical Incident Stress Debriefing
• Childhood Trauma in Experiences and Impacts
• Approaches to Counselling Children
• Counselling Traumatized Clients
• Counselling traumatized Clients
• Trauma Counselling Strategies and Techniques
• Counsellor, Responding to Trauma
· All our courses can be Tailor-made to participants needs
· The participant must be conversant with English
· Presentations are well guided, practical exercise, web based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are expert with more than 10years of experience.
· Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with Foscore development center certificate (FDC-K)
· Training will be done at Foscore development center (FDC-K) center in Nairobi Kenya. We also offer more than five participants training at requested location within Kenya, more than ten participant within east Africa and more than twenty participant all over the world.
· Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
· The course fee includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training. Participants will be responsible for their own travel expenses and arrangements, airport transfers, visa application dinners, health/accident insurance and other personal expenses.
· Accommodation, pickup, freight booking and Visa processing arrangement, are done on request, at discounted prices.
· One year free Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
· Register as a group of more than two and enjoy discount of (10% to 50%) plus free five hour adventure drive to the National game park.
· Payment should be done two week before commence of the training, to FOSCORE DEVELOPMENT CENTER account, so as to enable us prepare better for you.
· For any enquiry at:email@example.com or +254712260031
Start Date: 27/05/2019
Duration: 5 Days
Cost: USD 1,000, KES 70,000
Registration for this course has been closed. Please check upcoming course on the section below
Trauma Support and Counselling Course
Software: Case study and Relevant Materials
Cost: USD 1,000, KES 70,000
Start Date: 09/03/2020
View Course Content
Start Date: 18/05/2020
Start Date: 27/07/2020
Start Date: 05/10/2020
Start Date: 14/12/2020
Our goal is to deliver professional, practical, educational and cultivated training solutions aimed at bettering the performance of
individuals and groups within the organization