2020 Training Calendar
+254 712 260 031
Take an Online Course from the safety and comfort of your own home or office.
Click to Browse our Courses
Contact us: +254 712 260 031
The focus of this course is on creating and managing multi-stakeholder processes that take place in the local and regional urban economy. Regions and localities are faced with two major trends in opposite directions: internationalization and decentralization. Internationalization exacerbates the interactions between the global and the local levels but operates selectively.
It includes only those actors that participate in networks in which competitiveness drives constant transformations and restructuring. Decentralization is a means to cope with complexity and a reaction to growing demands for greater responsiveness and sustainability by citizens, clients, and consumers. The two trends have changed the ways in which the multiple stakeholders relate to each other in the local and regional economy.
Competition and cooperation are blended in the links between firms, between firms and state and non-state actors. The central concern for the governance of sustainable local economic development is to create synergies between the policies and interventions of business, state, and non-state or civic actors. These come together around specific opportunities for local economic development for small and medium-sized enterprises.
Who Should Attend
The course is meant for government officials (municipal, provincial or national), representatives of private sector organizations and employees of NGOs that are dealing or will deal with SME development and/or Local Economic Development Policies
No of Days
In this module, the concept of Local Economic Development (LED) is introduced and its main theories are discussed. Focus on theories of systemic and territorial competitiveness; the role of institutions in economic development; Multi-stakeholder economic development: business system and embedding of geographical production networks.
This module includes the following sessions:
Small Enterprise and Entrepreneurship Development
The module focuses on the role of small and medium-sized enterprises, their role in the local economy and the constraints in their development. A distinction is made between enterprises, formal or informal, with growth potential and informal businesses that are survival oriented. The module focuses on strategies that support enterprise development: entrepreneurship development, incubator, and innovation systems.
Clusters and value chains
This module focuses on the one hand on the local organization of small enterprises in clusters and the multi-stakeholder initiatives that can increase their efficiency and innovation capability. On the other hand, it examines the way in which small enterprises are inserted in external production networks or value chains and elaborates on multi-stakeholder interventions to strengthen their positioning in these chains.
Based on the theory of territorial competitiveness, the question raised is how best to develop local economic policies with stakeholders market the city and strategically plan local economic development.
· All our courses can be Tailor-made to participants needs
· The participant must be conversant with English
· Presentations are well guided, practical exercise, web based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are expert with more than 10years of experience.
· Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with Foscore Development Center certificate (FDC-K)
· Training will be done at Foscore Development Center (FDC-K) in Nairobi Kenya. We also offer more than five participants training at requested location within Kenya, more than ten participant within east Africa and more than twenty participant all over the world.
· Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
· The course fee includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training. Participants will be responsible for their own travel expenses and arrangements, airport transfers, visa application dinners, health/accident insurance and other personal expenses.
· Accommodation, pickup, freight booking and Visa processing arrangement, are done on request, at discounted prices.
· One year free Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
· Register as a group of more than two and enjoy discount of (10% to 50%) plus five hour adventure drive to the National game park.
· Payment should be done two week before commence of the training, to Foscore Development Center account, so as to enable us prepare better for you.
Start Date: 07/09/2020
Duration: 5 Days
Fees: USD 1,000, KES 80,000
Online Cost: USD 300, KES 30,000
Register (as Individual)
Register for (Online Training)
Register (as a Group)
Sustainable Local Economic Development Course
Software: Case study and Relevant Materials
Fees: USD 1,000, KES 80,000
Online Cost: USD 400, KES 40,000
Start Date: 07/09/2020
View Course Content
Start Date: 16/11/2020
Our goal is to deliver professional, practical, educational and cultivated training solutions aimed at bettering the performance of
individuals and groups within the organization