2020 Course Calendar
+254 712 260 031
The purpose this course is to increase participant’s knowledge and understanding of the concept of gender, and gender-based violence, sexuality, and rights. It will further take a look at the various forms of gender-based violence and the core principles for a code of conduct, reporting mechanisms and developing a programmatic response.
· Understanding of the concept of gender, and gender-based violence, sexuality, and rights.
· Various forms of gender-based violence and the core principles for a code of conduct, reporting mechanisms and developing a programmatic response.
· Concepts of gender, gender-based violence, sexuality, and rights.
· Impact of gender-based violence on education, health and development.
Who should attend?
This course is meant for for gender focal points, programme managers and professional responsible for developing and implementing interventions aimed at combating gender-based violence or promoting gender equality. They include researchers, policy-makers, activists, women advocates and feminists, students, staff of NGOs and CBOs, staff of UN specialized agencies, donor agency field workers, volunteers, development actors, trainers, students, government officials etc.
Module 1: Introduction
· importance of gender
· gender, development and Violence
· Gender and socialization
Module 2: Gender-based Violence
• concept of violence
• Types of Gender-based violence
• Relationship between gender, development and violence
Module 3: Gender Analysis
• Understanding gender analysis
• Key elements of gender analysis
• Gender analysis using the Life Cycle Framework of Analysis
Module 4: Gender Mainstreaming
• Gender Mainstreaming
• Concept of Gender Mainstreaming
• The Role of Men in Gender Mainstreaming
• Gender Mainstreaming in Specific Sectors
• Gender Mainstreaming and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
• Gender Mainstreaming Best practices
Module 5: Action Against Gender-based Violence
• Combating Gender-based Violence
• Advocacy, negotiation, and communication skills
• Existing national and institutional action to combat gender-based violence
Module 6: International Legal Human Rights Instruments Related to GBV
• The Universal Declaration of Human Rights
• The Bill of Rights
• Human & Peoples’ Rights
• Rights of the Child
· All our courses can be Tailor-made to participants needs
· The participant must be conversant with English
· Presentations are well guided, practical exercise, web based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are expert with more than 10years of experience.
· Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with Foscore development center certificate (FDC-K)
· Training will be done at Foscore development center (FDC-K) center in Nairobi Kenya. We also offer more than five participants training at requested location within Kenya, more than ten participant within east Africa and more than twenty participant all over the world.
· Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
· The course fee includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training. Participants will be responsible for their own travel expenses and arrangements, airport transfers, visa application dinners, health/accident insurance and other personal expenses.
· Accommodation, pickup, freight booking and Visa processing arrangement, are done on request, at discounted prices.
· One year free Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
· Register as a group of more than two and enjoy discount of (10% to 50%) plus free five hour adventure drive to the National game park.
· Payment should be done two week before commence of the training, to FOSCORE DEVELOPMENT CENTER account, so as to enable us prepare better for you.
· For any enquiry at:firstname.lastname@example.org or +254712260031
Start Date: 26/08/2019
Duration: 5 Days
Cost: USD 1,000, KES 70,000
Registration for this course has been closed. Please check upcoming course on the section below
Gender-based Violence course
Software: Case study and Relevant Materials
Cost: USD 1,000, KES 70,000
Start Date: 24/02/2020
View Course Content
Start Date: 04/05/2020
Start Date: 13/07/2020
Start Date: 21/09/2020
Start Date: 30/11/2020
Our goal is to deliver professional, practical, educational and cultivated training solutions aimed at bettering the performance of
individuals and groups within the organization