2019 Course Calendar
+254 712 260 031
This course offers an introduction to GIS and how it is used in public health and epidemiological research. It will introduce participants to the basics including working with and integrating spatial and non-spatial data; geographic scale and spatial precision; decoding; visualization; thematic mapping; and understanding spatial relationships. Specific skills and tools will be introduced in relation to assessing exposure to a range of environmental risks, and a particular focus will be given to methods for spatial linkage of exposure, contextual and confounder information for epidemiological or health risk assessment studies.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Public health practitioners, epidemiologists, exposure scientists, quantitative health geographers, risk assessors, students.
By the end of this course, the learner will - within a public health context - be able to:
Section 1: GIS for Health Sector Programme Management Introduction
Section 2: Spatial data collection techniques for health applications
Section 3: Data Visualization
Section 4: Geocoding tabular data
Section 5: Case Study: Studying disease outbreaks
· All our courses can be Tailor-made to participants needs
· The participant must be conversant with English
· Presentations are well guided, practical exercise, web based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are expert with more than 10years of experience.
· Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with Foscore development center certificate (FDC-K)
· Training will be done at Foscore development center (FDC-K) center in Nairobi Kenya. We also offer more than five participants training at requested location within Kenya, more than ten participant within east Africa and more than twenty participant all over the world.
· Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
· The course fee includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training. Participants will be responsible for their own travel expenses and arrangements, airport transfers, visa application dinners, health/accident insurance and other personal expenses.
· Accommodation, pickup, freight booking and Visa processing arrangement, are done on request, at discounted prices.
· One year free Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
· Register as a group of more than two and enjoy discount of (10% to 50%) plus free five hour adventure drive to the National game park, in Nairobi.
· Payment should be done two week before commence of the training, to FOSCORE DEVELOPMENT CENTER account, so as to enable us prepare better for you.
For any enquiry at:firstname.lastname@example.org or +254712260031
Start Date: 09/09/2019
Duration: 5 Days
Cost: USD 1,000, KES 70,000
Registration for this course has been closed. Please check upcoming course on the section below
GIS for Health Sector Programme Management Course
Software: GIS Software
Cost: USD 1,000, KES 70,000
Start Date: 18/11/2019
View Course Content
Start Date: 16/03/2020
Start Date: 13/07/2020
Start Date: 09/11/2020
Our goal is to deliver professional, practical, educational and cultivated training solutions aimed at bettering the performance of
individuals and groups within the organization